Urine Alcohol Test
Results Take: 1 working day
This urine alcohol test can detect the presence of alcohol up to 48 hours after ingestion.
There is no need for an appointment to do this test. After ordering it, you will receive a confirmation message with a map and directions attached. You can then go to Patient Reception at The Doctors Laboratory with a photo ID to do give the sample. The laboratory is open 7am – 7pm weekdays and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
The results are usually available within 1 working day and will be e-mailed to you.
Often combined with a liver function blood test to check for any damage to the liver from excessive alcohol consumption.
Please note that the length of time alcohol stays in your body depends on a number of factors including:
- your weight
- whether you're male or female
- your age
- how quickly or slowly your body turns food into energy (your metabolism)
- how much food you have eaten
- the type and strength of the alcohol
- whether you're taking medication and, if so, what type
If you wish to detect alcohol misuse then you should consider one of the more advanced tests:
- Alcohol Profile
- CDT Test (used by the DVLA)
- CDT Test (used by the DVLA) - Self-Collect and Post
- PEth Test