Urine Alcohol Test
This urine alcohol test can detect the presence of alcohol up to 48 hours after drinking.
There is no need for an appointment to do this urine alcohol test. After ordering it, you will receive a confirmation message with a map and directions attached. You can then go to Patient Reception at The Doctors Laboratory. The laboratory is open 7am – 7pm weekdays and 7am-1pm on Saturdays.
You are required to bring a valid photo ID with you at the of the test such as a passport or driving license.
Results Take: 1 working day *. They include a doctor's explanation of the meaning of the results.
Urine alcohol test results will be e-mailed to you.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.
Often combined with a liver function blood test to check for any damage to the liver from excessive alcohol consumption.
Please note that the length of time alcohol stays in your body depends on a number of factors including:
- your weight
- whether you're male or female
- your age
- how quickly or slowly your body turns food into energy (your metabolism)
- how much food you have eaten
- the type and strength of the alcohol
- whether you're taking medication and, if so, what type
If you wish to detect alcohol misuse then you should consider one of the more advanced tests: