This postal testosteronetest is a home blood test to check the total amount of testosterone hormone in your bloodstream.
Low sex drive
Timing of test:
This testosterone test can be done at any time of the day, but it is best done between 8 and 11 am. This is because testosterone levels change during the course of the day and are highest in the morning.
Lancets x 3
Blood collection vial
Alcohol swabs x 2
Cleaning wipes x 2
Spot plasters x 2
The postal testosterone test kit contains all you need to take the blood sample and send it back to us. The testosterone blood sample is taken by pricking your finger with a small sharp lancet, the same small needles that are used by diabetics when they are checking their blood sugar. Please watch this video showing how this is done, before trying to collect the sample. Only a small amount of blood is needed.
Check that your address details are correct at the time of ordering the test. A testosterone test kit containing clear instructions and testing equipment will then be posted to you by Royal Mail.
Please note that home tests are for personal use only. We cannot provide assurance to an outside agency that the test belongs to a particular individual. Assurance can only be provided when doing the test at Patient Reception in London when accompanied by a photo ID of the person being tested.
Results take up to 2 working days * once they reach the laboratory. Results include a doctor's explanation of the meaning of the results.
Results are emailed.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a sex hormone that is important in both men and women.
What does testosterone do?
Testosterone plays an important part in the following functions:
erectile function in men
sperm production in men
What are the symptoms of low testosterone in men?
reduced muscle mass
increased body fat and putting on weight
low sex drive
difficulty with erection
low sperm count
loss of body and facial hair
low mood, anxiety or irritability
What are the effects of high testosterone in men?
High testosterone is rare in adult men except if they have been taking testosterone supplements. It can result in the following:
increased muscle mass and strength
reduced body fat
increased growth of facial and body hair
male patterned baldness
being more aggressive
low sex drive
What are the normal testosterone levels?
Normal Laboratory Range
7.6 - 31.4 nmol/L
Normal for Men > Age 40
8.3 - 27.8 nmol/L
Normal for Men < Age 40
9.9 - 27.8 nmol/L
≥ 12 but ≤ 28 nmol/L
Inadequate Function Possible
≥ 7 but ≤ 12 nmol/L
Inadequate Function Likely
≥ 3 but ≤ 7 nmol/L
Inadequate Function Very Likely
≤ 3 nmol/L
Testosterone Excess Possible
> 28 nmol/L
What if I have an potentially abnormal testosterone level?
If you have given a morning blood sample (between 8 and 11 am) and your result is outside the normal range, then you should follow up with your own doctor as further testing will be required.
How it works
1. Pay online by credit or debit card
2. You will be asked to enter the name and date of birth of the person taking the test at the 'Cart' stage of the payment process. These details are essential for sample identification by the laboratory and you will be unable to proceed further without giving them. If you missed giving these details whilst making payment, please send an email to us with this information at: email@example.com
3. Initially, you will receive an automatic reply to confirm that we have received your order.
4. Your test request will then be processed between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, and your postal test kit posted by 1st Class Royal Mail.
5. Your home test kit will contain everything you need to do the test including testing equipment, instructions, a Pathology Request Form and a postage-paid envelope to return the sample to the laboratory.
6. Once completed, place your test sample in the postage-paid envelope. Make sure to also include the Pathology Request Form with your sample. This instructs the laboratory which test to do. Failure to include this form will invalidate the test.
8. Results will be sent by email as soon as they are available.
Home blood testing
Click this video to see how to take a home finger prick test easily.
Recommended for You
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Drug Test London has been in business since 2015 streamlining the process of drug and alcohol testing for individuals, solicitors, social workers and companies.
Call us at 0207 871 3015 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All our tests are performed at UKAS accredited The Doctors Laboratory.
Drug Test London is a brand of AIS Health Ltd, Company Number 09835294.