Results Take: 5 - 7 working days
This alcohol profile blood test checks for the following 5 markers:
- Alcohol Level - the amount of alcohol currently in the blood.
- Liver Function Test - checks the effect of alcohol misuse on the liver
- MCV - this level is high in alcohol misuse.
- CDT - checks for alcohol misuse over the past 7-14 days.
- PEth - checks for alcohol misuse over the past 21-28 days.
It gives you information about the presence of alcohol misuse and if there is any damage to the liver.
There is no need for an appointment to do this test. After ordering it, you will receive a confirmation message with a map and directions attached. You can then go to Patient Reception at The Doctors Laboratory with a photo ID to do give the sample. The laboratory is open 7am – 7pm weekdays and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
The results are usually available within 5-7 working days and will be e-mailed to you.