This alcohol profile blood test checks for the following 5 markers:
- Alcohol Level - the amount of alcohol currently in the blood.
- Liver Function Test - checks the effect of alcohol misuse on the liver
- MCV - this level is high in alcohol misuse.
- CDT - checks for alcohol misuse over the past 7-14 days.
- PEth - checks for alcohol misuse over the past 21-28 days.
The Alcohol Profile blood test tells you if a person has been drinking too much alcohol and if there is any damage to the liver.
You will find that it is more cost-effective to do these tests together as a profile than to do them separately.
1. Make payment online
Please give us an hour to process your request after you make payment, and before you attend Patient Reception. All test requests are processed during Office Hours 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Payments made outside these hours will be processed the following working day.
2. Make your way to Patient Reception with a photo ID
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a confirmation message with a map and directions attached.
The Alcohol Profile test is done at Patient Reception, 76 Wimpole Street, London. W1G 9RT. This is a 10 minute walk from Oxford Circus and Bond Street tube stations. Please do not not attend without paying for the test first. You will be unable to make payment at Patient Reception.
No appointment is needed. You can attend Patient Reception at any time during their convenient opening hours. Patient Reception is open Monday-Friday 7am-7pm, and Saturday 7am-1pm. It is closed on Sunday and public holidays.
You should bring with you a valid photo ID such as a passport or driving license. No copies or mobile images are accepted.
3. Results by email
Results Take: 5 - 7 working days *. They include a doctor's explanation of the results. Please note that we do not give out results by telephone as this information is confidential and there is no way of identifying a caller.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.