Well Man Health Check
The Well Man Health Check is is a blood test to check the full range of health problems in men.
- Full Blood Count: this checks for anaemia and blood disorders
- ESR: this is a general test for infection or inflammation in the body
- Kidney Function
- Liver Function
- Glucose (sugar)
- Lipids: this checks for the different types of fat in the bloodstream such as cholesterol and triglycerides
- Uric Acid: this is a test for the level of uric acid in the body which can be an indicator of gout or metabolic syndrome
- PSA: this is a test for the prostate gland
For most people we would recommend that they do the Well Man Health Check randomly and not in a fasting state. The only reasons to do a fasting test (10 hours with water only) might be to get more accurate triglyceride levels or when the risk of diabetes mellitus is a serious concern.
There is no need for an appointment to do the Well Man Health Check. After ordering it, you will receive a confirmation message with a map and directions attached. You can then go to Patient Reception at The Doctors Laboratory to give the sample. The laboratory is open 7am – 7pm weekdays and 7am-1pm on Saturdays.
Results take: 2 working days *
The results for the Well Man Health Check come with a doctor's interpretation of their meaning and will be e-mailed to you.
* Indicative timings only. Actual result may be earlier or slightly later.